SMART CITY CO-CREATION
Piazza is an online platform to bring together Citizens, Businesses and the City to co-create together their city of tomorrow. As one community, they will join on a dedicated website to share ideas, discuss, comment and vote to build a better and smarter city.
Piazza provides more than ideas:
- It helps city decision makers better understand citizens need thanks to its data analytics features.
- It gives a voice to all citizens in an easy and fun way by rewarding them based on their engagement.
- It connects businesses and citizens to invent and improve product and services.
WHAT IS PIAZZA?
Piazza is a Digital Living Lab platform for (medium) cities allowing city authorities and service providers to design and test new urban infrastructure or services with citizen before entering the planning or implementation phase.
Smart city is usually defined as citizen centric with ICT at its core but most decision makers don’t know what this actually means and how to achieve it.
WHO USES PIAZZA?
Piazza makes the nebulous concept of Smart City real and relevant for cities, citizens and businesses. Through the ICT-based participation of all stakeholders in creating sustainable city services various positive effects are achieved.
WHAT MAKES PIAZZA DIFFERENT TO THE SMART DATA CITY PLATFORMS?
- Classic data platforms are often “Smart” Administration centric with a top-down planning approach, technically focused on processing sensor data and aiming the maximum efficiency of its components (life environment, energy, mobility, etc.) in time, cost and performance.
- PIAZZA is Smart Citizen centric with a bottom-up participatory or collaborative approach, focused on Citizens demand, opinion and behavior and aiming maximum effectivity in creating life comfort, social and ecological values.
- Both approaches and platform types are complementarily interconnected , supported by state-of-the-art technologies (e.g. mobile tech), impact each other and define a fundamental holistic concept that ensure the sustainable success of the Smart City concept.
- The Smart City Administration hereby provides information & proposals on all relevant Smart City topics, i.e. planned measures, sensor based data information and other, whereas the Smart Citizens participate collaboratively with behavioral issues (ideas, needs, problems, wishes, etc.), which are individually elicited, analyzed, discussed, or provide validation & verification, decisions (e.g. acceptance) or valuable feedback.
PIAZZA allows for an incremental on-boarding and engagement of citizens, lowering the entry barrier to the conversation between the city stakeholders, by using innovative and fun interaction means (i.e. citizens informally “talk” to urban objects to send messages to the official city counterparts)
- Turn key and Tailor Made collaborative platform
- Integrated or dedicated website
- Gamification ready with rewards and badges
- Analytical Dashboard
- Easy moderation and user management
- On demand Text Mining and Semantic Analysis
Geo-located application to chat with urban objects
Collection of citizens’ contributions while on-the-go
Fun and informal conversation with the city stakeholders
EIT DIGITAL INNOVATION FRAMEWORK
From smart cities to smart citizens
Digital Cities Action Line deals with Smart Cities …
… But there will be no Smart Cities if there are no Smart Citizens. Emergence of new behaviours – the way people move, work, entertain, socialize – will be at the origin of new upcoming business models. When I say “people” it is not a generic term. It is you, it is me, it is all of us.
Living lab for technology and experimentation Community for entrepreneurs and citizens Inspiration for cultural transformation
Proven process to accompany enterprises, SMEs and startups from problem definition to tested commercial solutions
Enable collaboration among partners, SMEs, enterprises, clusters, government, startups, academics, innovators, citizens and end-users, …
Specialized in smart city and big data related innovations within the context of quality of life in an urban and suburban setting
Want to see a live demo of the Piazza platform. Join us at Innovative Cities in Nice, France on June 16-17th.