THE SMART CITY CO-CREATION
Piazza is an online platform to bring together Citizens, Businesses and the City to co-create together their city of tomorrow. As one community, they will join on a dedicated website to share ideas, discuss, comment and vote to build a better and smarter city.
Piazza provides more than ideas:
- It helps city decision makers better understand citizens need thanks to its data analytics features.
- It gives a voice to all citizens in an easy and fun way by rewarding them based on their engagement.
- It connects businesses and citizens to invent and improve product and services.
WHAT IS PIAZZA SMART CITY?
Piazza is a Digital Living Lab platform for (medium) cities allowing city authorities and service providers to design and test new urban infrastructure or services with citizen before entering the planning or implementation phase.
Smart city is usually defined as citizen centric with ICT at its core but most decision makers don’t know what this actually means and how to achieve it.
WHO USES PIAZZA?
Piazza makes the nebulous concept of Smart City real and relevant for cities, citizens and businesses. Through the ICT-based participation of all stakeholders in creating sustainable city services various positive effects are achieved.
PIAZZA GLOBAL CITIZEN DEBATE
WHY PIAZZA GLOBAL?
With our New Piazza Global solution we want to make highly qualitative participatory processes possible at transnational and global level. It offers the possibility to integrate the collective intelligence of citizens or Staff in the decision making through the organization of massive face-2-face meetings.
It provides global players with an in-depth and solid vision of global opinion on topics relevant to them and increases the legitimacy of their decisions. Participants get the chance to give a fact-based, deliberative opinion on global issues at stake.
NOT A POLL, A CITIZEN DELIBERATION!
Participants to PIAZZA Global go through a 3-step process: Information, Discussion with fellow citizens, Articulation of own opinion and proposal making. This process ensures that the results are:
- Valid a long time (up to 4 years)
- Qualitative AND quantitative
- Fact and knowledge-based
- Connected to key policy and decision processes
- GlobALL allows addressing very complex questions for decision makers
WHAT MAKES PIAZZA DIFFERENT TO THE SMART DATA CITY PLATFORMS?
- Classic data platforms are often “Smart” Administration centric with a top-down planning approach, technically focused on processing sensor data and aiming the maximum efficiency of its components (life environment, energy, mobility, etc.) in time, cost and performance.
- PIAZZA is Smart Citizen centric with a bottom-up participatory or collaborative approach, focused on Citizens demand, opinion and behavior and aiming maximum effectivity in creating life comfort, social and ecological values.
- Both approaches and platform types are complementarily interconnected , supported by state-of-the-art technologies (e.g. mobile tech), impact each other and define a fundamental holistic concept that ensure the sustainable success of the Smart City concept.
- The Smart City Administration hereby provides information & proposals on all relevant Smart City topics, i.e. planned measures, sensor based data information and other, whereas the Smart Citizens participate collaboratively with behavioral issues (ideas, needs, problems, wishes, etc.), which are individually elicited, analyzed, discussed, or provide validation & verification, decisions (e.g. acceptance) or valuable feedback.
PIAZZA allows for an incremental on-boarding and engagement of citizens, lowering the entry barrier to the conversation between the city stakeholders, by using innovative and fun interaction means (i.e. citizens informally “talk” to urban objects to send messages to the official city counterparts)
- Turn key and Tailor Made collaborative platform
- Integrated or dedicated website
- Gamification ready with rewards and badges
- Analytical Dashboard
- Easy moderation and user management
- On demand Text Mining and Semantic Analysis
Geo-located application to chat with urban objects
Collection of citizens’ contributions while on-the-go
Fun and informal conversation with the city stakeholders
EIT DIGITAL INNOVATION FRAMEWORK
From smart cities to smart citizens
Digital Cities Action Line deals with Smart Cities …
… But there will be no Smart Cities if there are no Smart Citizens. Emergence of new behaviours – the way people move, work, entertain, socialize – will be at the origin of new upcoming business models. When I say “people” it is not a generic term. It is you, it is me, it is all of us.
Piazza is hosting a national Citizens’ Debate in France on driverless vehicles next Saturday, January 27, 2018. Taking place in 5 different cities, the event is organized by Missions Publiques in partnership with public authorities and private actors in order to imagine the future of European mobility and how self-driving vehicles will tackle citizens’ lives.
Considering the key importance of this topic for European cities, Piazza decided to start taking into account the citizens’ opinion, starting by one big day event in France. During the whole day, a total of 500 people will exchange visions together on multi-sites about future mobility, artificial intelligence and discover, think and contribute to this debate. It will take place in the following urban areas: Conflans Sainte-Honorine, La Rochelle, Paris, Rennes, Sophia-Antipolis and Toulouse.
For further information, please visit:
Living lab for technology and experimentation Community for entrepreneurs and citizens Inspiration for cultural transformation
Proven process to accompany enterprises, SMEs and startups from problem definition to tested commercial solutions
Enable collaboration among partners, SMEs, enterprises, clusters, government, startups, academics, innovators, citizens and end-users, …
Specialized in smart city and big data related innovations within the context of quality of life in an urban and suburban setting
EIT Digital announcement of the PIAZZA Citizen Debates on Self-driving vehicles. More info.
Piazza’s citizen debate: Autonomous cars in our lives? January 27, 5 different French cities, over 500 people.
Join our first Global Citizen debate: www.debatcitoyen.fr
Driverless vehicles are coming in our lives: let’s debate about it!
Saturday 27th of January 2018
Come and see us at Smart City Expo in Barcelona 2017.
We are hosted on the EIT Digital Booth where we will showcase the latest feature of Piazza.
The Piazza Global Citizen Debate offering will be announced with some exciting news!
Want to see a live demo of the Piazza platform. Join us at Innovative Cities in Nice, France on June 16-17th.